What causes an oval pinkish quarter sized blotch on the right knee?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Wed, 17 Oct 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: An oval pinkish quarter sized blotch appeared on my right knee with a red oval in the middle. no pain just something new
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Kindly upload an image for review.

Detailed Answer:

Hi and thanks so much for this query.

It would be best to review an image so as to provide a personalized and helpful response.

However, thinning of the skin in elderly allows for easy bruising and skin changes. In most cases, this results from minor trauma and there is no need for any specific intervention.

This is even more common if you happen to be on blood thinners.

I kindly request that you upload an image for review.

To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

I do promise to get back to you with more insights and helpful recommendations as soon as the requested information gets here.

Waiting for the requested information.

Dr. Ivo Ditah,