What causes an itchy big red spot on the left leg?
Regarding a red spot on the leg.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the image.
I can see a disc shaped red, lesion in this image. I will keep a possibility of either tinea/fungal infection or discoid dermatitis or Bowen's disease.
I request you to kindly upload a few more clear and close up images of the affected area.
Dr. Kakkar S, Dermatologist
How do I upload more pictures?
Reading about your three possibilities I feel like tinea/fungal checks a lot of boxes. I’ve had athletes foot by my pinky toe a few times.
Also, I have worn tight dress socks over that area when this first starting appearing.
Appreciate your help
I uploaded two more pictures.
Thanks for uploading the pictures.
It seems like discoid dermatitis. Underlying dry skin is a predisposing factor.
I suggest you to use a moisturiser regularly.
In addition I suggest you to apply a topical steroid e.g Mometasone furoate ointment or Triamcinolone acetonide ointment, twice daily for the patch.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Kakkar S., Dermatologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes redness in lower leg
- Red spots on lower legs causes
- What causes red and itchy blisters on legs and arms
- What causes leg cramps and redness in leg with fever
- What causes red spots on lower leg
- What causes black spots on legs
- What cause red spot on my legs
- Cause of red itchy hot rash on legs
- What is the cause of itching and redness in legs
- What causes red pores on legs