What causes an inflamed lymph node under the jaw?
This has caused swelling and pain in my lymph node by my Lower jaw.
However I have noticed that after drinking alcohol I get more pain particularly the day after where I feel a stinging sensation also.
I'm scared this could indicate lymphoma?
Seems like reactive lymphnode.
Thank you for using Healthcaremagic to post your question.
I read it carefully and I understand your concern.
From your description I would not worry about lymphima. This because :
- The swollen lymphnodes from lymphoma are not painful.
- They are generally more then one and in packages, so it is rare to be just one or two.
- There is a visible site of inflammation which would justify the swollen lymphnode.
If these reasons still do not convince you, then you can consider doing a complete blood count test, and put your mind at peace. Or, an ultrasound of the lymphnode would certainly identify it as a reactive (from inflamation) lymohnode or as something which needs more investigation.
But again, I would not worry, because it doesn't seem like a lymphoma lymphnode.
Hope this makes sense and reassurres you.
Let me know if you have other questions or concerns.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Inflammed lymph nodes on large intestine
- Mole inflamed lymph node
- Inflamed lymph nodes in armpit
- Inflammed lymph nodes exercise
- Inflamed lymph-nodes causes
- Smoking weed cause inflamed lymph nodes
- Inflammed lymph nodes under the tongue
- Ciprofloxacin inflamed lymph nodes
- Will cocaine inflamed lymph nodes
- Inflamed lymph nodes in neck
- What causes bulge around rectal area that appears post exercise?
- Suggest tests to diagnose herpes infection
- What causes difficulty in losing weight while suffering from blood clot...
- Can Hydroxycut be taken daily along with Metformin?
- Suggest treatment for torn achilles tendon and nerve pain on left foot
- Can Clindamycin cause tendon rupture?
- What causes tender lesions on back spreading towards breast?
- What is low body temperature defined as?
- How long does Morphine remain in the body?
- What causes fever, cough and strange sound while breathing?