question-icon

What causes an infection being progressing for almost a week and resulting in new blisters and swelling now?

Posted on Tue, 21 Aug 2018
Question: what is this? been progressing for almost a week...new blisters and swelling today.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. (26 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Skin and soft tissue infection. Oral and topical antibiotics

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.

I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the image.

You seem to have bacterial skin and soft tissue infection (SSTI).
I suggest you to take an oral antibiotic e.g either Amoxicillin or Cephalexin 500mg, thrice daily for a week.
In addition to this you may apply a topical antibiotic e.g either Neosporin ointment or Mupirocin 2% ointment, twice daily.
Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Kakkar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist