What causes an infection being progressing for almost a week and resulting in new blisters and swelling now?
Skin and soft tissue infection. Oral and topical antibiotics
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the image.
You seem to have bacterial skin and soft tissue infection (SSTI).
I suggest you to take an oral antibiotic e.g either Amoxicillin or Cephalexin 500mg, thrice daily for a week.
In addition to this you may apply a topical antibiotic e.g either Neosporin ointment or Mupirocin 2% ointment, twice daily.
Hope I have answered your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes itching and blisters in legs
- Fungal infections that causes blisters
- Bacterial infections that cause vaginal blisters
- What causes swelling of lips with blisters
- What causes a blister n ear
- Blister infection causes
- What causes blisters on toes
- What causes fever and blisters on lip
- Can a bacterial infection cause blisters
- What is the cause of infected blister on side