What causes an indentation on skull after a mitral valve replacement surgery?
hello and thank you for sending the question.
I don't think this particular issue has anything to do with your mitral valve replacement.
Certain considerations that need to be entertained include: possibility that this is inflammatory and may represent some type of fluid collection. Also must make sure there's not some type of growth that is disturbing the surface of your bone.
A good physical examination is certainly part of the logical work up. If your doctor is not able to determine exactly what is causing this indentation then x-rays may be helpful. If the x-rays do not determine any particular abnormality then a CT scan may also be helpful.
it is difficult to speculate on exactly what is going on but I would like to see what your doctors impression is based on a good physical examination. Feel free to share your experience with your doctor with us for for the recommendations.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can i take coumadin for mitral valve replacement ?
- Ncp for mitral valve replacement
- How risky is mitral valve replacement operation
- Heart operation for mitral valve replacement
- Mitral valve replacement tens machine
- Precautions after mitral valve replacement
- Mitral valve replacement complications
- Is mitral valve replacement surgery dangerous
- Mitral valve replacement surgery
- Experiencing fatigue and depression post mitral valve replacement