What causes an increase in thyroid profile during a blood test?
I have taken the XXXXXXX of answering each question separately ma'am
Hello ma'am and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. I shall address each question of yours separately for your better understanding ma'am.
1. What causes an increase in the thyroid profile during a blood test?
A. If you are talking about an increase in the hormones T3 and T4 (and a low level of TSH), this is indicative of possible hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid)
But if you are talking about a raised level of TSH and a low level of thyroxine is indicative of hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)
2. Are certain foods that can cause a raise in thyroid levels?
A. Yes there are ma'am:
and many others.
3. Hypothyroid diagnosis:
A. Clinically the symptoms include:
+Hoarseness of voice
+Thinning of hair
+Raised levels of cholesterol
+Irregular and heavy menstrual cycles
+Painful and swollen joints
+Slow heart rate
And through a laboratory investigation as I mentioned earlier, it can be diagnosed by observing raised levels of TSH and lower levels of thyroxine.
I hope you find my response helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help.
If you have a well functioning thyroid gland, then may be not
Hello once again ma'am.
The listed foods can contribute towards fluctuations in thyroid hormone levels, but if your thyroid gland is normal, these foods may not be able to change much.
Why would you want to be diagnosed with hypothyroidism?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes a swollen thyroid
- What infections cause thyroiditis
- Blood test showed high ggt level have thyroid problem cause
- What causes hashimotos thyroiditis
- What causes thyroid problems
- What causes thyroid swelling
- What causes low sodium in blood tests
- Blood test allergy causes
- Causes of increased thyroid levels
- What can cause a prolonged infection in blood tests
- Not getting proper sleep, don't want to take sleeping pills. What to take?
- Radiation done for tongue cancer. Started getting pain. How to overcome...
- How to get rid of swollen and painful inner labia?
- Have bradycardia. Got positive stress test and qrs-t angle on ekg. Risk...
- Suffering from chronic acute bronchitis and recurrent pneumonitis. Safe...
- Hard bump appeared on inner thigh and lower abdomen. What could be...
- Have severe dry eye. On Restasis. Used moisture pads. Nothing helped....
- Have osteoporosis. Is it safe to stop taking fosomax while on calcium...
- Sudden pop sound in back. Experiencing pain and hot flashes. Took...
- Suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and bipolar 2. Why am I...