What causes an increase in length of the penis during sexual intercourse?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Wed, 16 May 2018 in Sexual Health
Question: I want to ask one thing that when i measure my dick during masturbation, it is 11.5 cm but when i do sex, i see a increase of almost 1.5-2cm.. is it natural? and what is the reason for increase in length?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is absolutely normal

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

The increase length of penis during erection depends on the level of stimulation and variation of 1-3 cm is normal for most of men. In other words it can be stated that it is possible that you get adequate stimulation during sex which makes difference for you.

You may argue that I get adequately stimulated during masturbation too, but I must make it clear that it is not under your conscious control and penis responds better when you have chance for intercourse in compare to masturbation.

I hope this answers you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks again.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 31 minutes later
thats what i feared.. because i thought in masturbation that this is the longest i can go.. but in sex, it proved otherwise.. maybe because of sexual stimulations.. So having an erect size of 5.2 is normal right? and almost everyone faces the longated length during sex right?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,
Thanks for follow up.

Yes it is normal to have 5.2 inch penis while erect and almost everyone have slight difference between the erect penis for masturbation and sexual intercourse.

I hope this helps you further in clarifying.
Thanks again.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
One last question please.. Can you please explain the process that why their is slight increase in length during sex as compared to masturbation because in masturbation it seems that it is the longest u can go not further.. but in sex we goes further
Thank you so much
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I think it is is already explained

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,
Thanks for follow up.

I like to draw your attention to my first answer where the reason for differential lengthening is mentioned. Regarding the process it is believed that the presence of sex partner further dilates the blood vessels responsible for erection in more elaborate manner resulting in more lengthening.

I hope this answers you further.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for my future patients.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386
Thanks and regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 8 hours later
Thank you so much
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,

I am glad to know that you got satisfied with my answer about the health query. Please rate the session if there are no ore questions.

For continuity of care I request you to use my url which is mentioned below.
Thanks