What causes altered taste in the mouth?

Dr. Noble Zachariah

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: No food taste good. Everything has an unpleasant aspect to the taste.
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be caused under several conditions.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for your query.
I shall appreciate more information regarding any other health condition you might have. The commonest cause of altered taste is a cold and upper respiratory infection leading to decreased smell sensation which plays a very important role in the food being palatable.
Certain medical conditions affecting the liver, kidney, heart and the brain also affect taste sensation. Any gum and dental diseases also may be a factor.
Certain medicines like metronidazole give an unpleasant taste to your food.
Do let me have your input.