What causes altered bowel habits and excessive crying post chemical stress test procedure?
Organic cause should be worked up
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
The chemical stress test effects are transient. The agent used i.e dobutamine or isoprenaline are short acting and by now have been completely eliminated from your body. The main risk if any was during the test i.e it can possibly precipitate an MI. Based on your description, you have generalized feeling of being unwell. In systemic disorders like anemia, infection etc this feeling can occur. It may also be related to generalized anxiety or depression. Blood counts, ESR, urinalysis, basic metabolic panel including blood sugar, renal and liver function tests can be advised to look for a possible organic cause in consultation with your doctor.
Wishing you best of health
Let me know if you have any query
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- False positive stress test causes
- What could be the cause for positive stress test result
- Adenosine stress test procedure
- Cardiolite stress test procedure
- Dobutamine stress test procedure
- Persantine stress test procedure
- Sestamibi stress test procedure
- Lexiscan stress test procedure
- Stress test procedure with iv
- Cardiac stress test procedure