What causes allergy after alcohol consumption?

ENT Specialist
Question
Everytime I drank alcohol I didn’t have any rash or allergies. Recently, I have it after drinking. Is it possible that I just allergic to alcohol. Why did it just happen now and not before?
Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Asthma and Allergy

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Alcohol allergy

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
Allergy to alcohol can be a possibility. It can be a result of some drug interactions due to a medicine you might have taken recently.
Alcohol is known to cause a disulfiram like reaction. You should be aware of that.
If you still have any symptoms, you must visit clinical emergency.
Any further questions are always welcome

Thanks and regards