What causes air bubble like feeling in the ankle and back?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Thu, 24 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: The last couple days I have a moving/bubbling feeling near my ankle (around the back and up that muscle above). It feels like something is moving under the skin. It feels different than a muscle spasms, as it doesn't twitch, it rolls along.
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be neuropathic pain or plantar fasciitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, it can be neuropathic pain but can be early signs of planter fasciitis. Though rarely it can also be side effects of benzodiazapine class of drugs which you are using.

Simmilarly vitamin D3, B12 and folic acid deficiencies also need to be ruled out and meanwhile replacement of these and other micronutrients can be started.

Gabapentin or duloxetine can be used to suppress these feelings that you have mentioned. Levels of uric acid should also be reconfirmed.

Using soft rubbery heals or soles should be ensured and hard rigid soles and shoes should be avoided. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad