What causes adrenal adenoma?
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
Adrenal adenoma is is a common benign tumor arising from the cortex of the adrenal gland. It commonly occurs in adults.
Usually it is discovered incidentally during an imaging procedure done for other reasons.
In most of cases these tumors don't produce hormones ,and don't cause any symptom.Some adenomas can produce too much adrenal steroid hormones and the excess hormone can cause symptoms.
The treatment will depends upon the fact if the lesion is suspicious to be cancer ,if the tumor produces hormones ,if it is causing symptoms etc.
Usually the treatment consist in removing the adrenal gland.
If the tumor is small ,doesn't produce hormones and doesn't cause any symptoms ,it is just kept in observation and the patient may need to repeat a CT scan or MRI after 6-12 months to see if the tumor has grown.
If the tumor is small but produces excessive hormones or if the tumor is large (>3-5 cm) and don't produce hormones , they need resection .
Hope it helps.
Let me know if you need further help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does Methamphetamine show up in hair drug test?
- Is medication required for cholesterol level of 5.1?
- Is frequent urination a symptom of heart attack?
- Suggest treatment for redness ad burning sensation of scrotal area
- What causes dizziness and nausea?
- What causes swelling on penis foreskin?
- Suggest remedy to loose belly fat and stretch marks
- What causes hard lymph node under right jaw?
- What causes painful bulge on penis post intercourse?
- What causes difficulty in climbing stairs and leg weakness?