What causes acute pain in the left side of the head?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Thu, 17 Aug 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: My wife (23) is suffering from acute pain on her left side of the head. The pain is such that she feels that her ear, jaw and nose has become numb. The extreme pain last for 30-40 min. Usually she takes ultracet, one of the physician has prescribed nerve up OD. Please advise and let me know the specialist I need to refer.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
She needs to see a Neurologist.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

I am Dr Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist, and would try my best to help you.

I have noted the clinical details of your wife. She could be suffering from severe migraine. However, numbness of ear, jaw and nose is not common in migraine. A brain scan may be necessary to sort out the diagnosis. For proper diagnosis and treatment, please show her to a Neurologist.

I sincerely hope my reply has helped you.

I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information.

Best wishes,     
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX
For DIRECT QUERY to me: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj