What causes acute pain in the left knee?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Very acute pain above outside of left knee. VERY tender to the touch. A bit of swelling in knee. No idea how it happened. Now, getting the chills. I feel a knot right where it is extremely tender
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Infection may be there.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query,as par your history it seems there is infection,so take antibiotics along with pain killer and do rest .You will get relief,if not than you have to go to local doctor for physical examination and investigation.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 10 minutes later
Should I go get an antibiotic tonight? Or can I go to sleep and wait til morning? Is there any chance it's a blood clot?Hello. Still there?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Start antibiotics now.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Sorry for delay,I am busy in some procedure,you should start antibiotics right now in both case either infection or clot.Clot or infection can be diagnose clinically.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.