What Causes Acute Headache, Heightened Sense Of Smell, Gas Reflux And Dizziness?
Hello and thank you for your question.
This could either be an intense tension headache or a migraine. The heightened sense of smell and gag reflex sound more like a migraine. Try some ibuprofen and cool compresses to the forehead area. If you develop a fever or vomiting then you should be seen right away in emergency. If it is just a tension headache or migraine it should resolve in a few days. Make sure you are drinking at least 64 oz of water daily and getting plenty of sleep at night.
Take a multivitamin daily and some extra vitamin C. If you have people in your family with migraine then you may want to talk to a doctor about getting a prescription for some migraine specific medications.
I hope you get relief soon.
Let me know if you have further questions
Hello and thanks for the follow up
Headache with fever, stiff neck and vomiting can be a sign of inflammation in the area around the brain. Your symptoms do not sound like meningitis now but fever and vomiting or stiff neck would be signs that something more serious than headache is going on
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Alt ast levels hepatitis acute
- Itchy bumps on back acute
- Is antral gastritis is cronic or acute
- Blotchy skin and swollen joints acute
- Hematoma, subdural, acute
- Webmedcom cervical cortisone injections bronchitis acute
- Does reactive lymphoid hypertrophy mean acute
- Remedies for bronchitis acute
- Red dots body hiv acute
- Peripheral neuropathy acute and subacute