What causes acute headache, heightened sense of smell, gas reflux and dizziness?
Hello and thank you for your question.
This could either be an intense tension headache or a migraine. The heightened sense of smell and gag reflex sound more like a migraine. Try some ibuprofen and cool compresses to the forehead area. If you develop a fever or vomiting then you should be seen right away in emergency. If it is just a tension headache or migraine it should resolve in a few days. Make sure you are drinking at least 64 oz of water daily and getting plenty of sleep at night.
Take a multivitamin daily and some extra vitamin C. If you have people in your family with migraine then you may want to talk to a doctor about getting a prescription for some migraine specific medications.
I hope you get relief soon.
Let me know if you have further questions
Hello and thanks for the follow up
Headache with fever, stiff neck and vomiting can be a sign of inflammation in the area around the brain. Your symptoms do not sound like meningitis now but fever and vomiting or stiff neck would be signs that something more serious than headache is going on
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes gas, stomach gurgling and fullness in upper chest?
- Is it not safe to have Amoxicillin for heart murmur?
- Suggest treatment for constipation and tenderness on the sides
- Suggest treatment for Angioedema and severe swelling in limbs and face
- Suggest treatment for soft stool
- What causes hair loss?
- Suggest treatment for fever, sore throat, cough and diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for severe pain due to arthritis in spine and both hands
- Can Requip and Sinemet be taken together?
- What causes gritty, white discharge during urination?