What causes acute dizziness while treating E. coli infection?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I had a spell of acute dizziness that lasted for
2 days. Still feel light-headed and must grasp nearby objects to be able to move. Am taking Levaquin 750 for E. Coli infection. Is this a good choice for me?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, Levaquin is a good drug for this!

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed your information fully and this is a good choice to treat E. coli. I will like to know what you are being treated for. E. coli is a common cause of urinary tract infection but I don't want to assume that's what you are being treated for.

I will suggest you drink much water and control your blood pressure. Also, avoid walking without supporting yourself as you may sustain a fall whish is not a good experience because of possible complications.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me for more information and clarifications if need be.