What causes acoustic neuroma?
possible eustachian tube dysfunction (I fly a lot ) or the worst case scenario, an acoustic neuroma. Doesn't think its anything serious but after reading about this tumor i'm having a difficult time trying to focus
on staying positive. Guideline, please...how long should I try allergy relief...do my symptoms sound serious?
Get an audiometry done and discuss treatment plans for the tumor
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through the details and indeed the problems are directly related to:
* Eustachian tube dysfunction : Be sure to swallow frequently during the flights.
* Temporo Mandibular Joint (TMJ) problems
* Acoustic neuroma : Get an audiometry done and discuss with your ENT doctor about the further management plans.
It is better to be continuing the allergy medication. The additional measure that I would suggest is to take steam inhalation twice or thrice daily on regular basis. Swallow a number of times when you feel your ear to be blocked.
Hope that helps. Please write back if you have any further queries.
Dr. Kunal Saha
You need to proceed step by step towards diagnosis.
I am sorry that I assumed that your doctor has some basis in assuming the tumor. Although the audiometry would be the first step anyway. Although I would not assume a tumor primarily, if he really has a clinical suspicion, it needs to be detected and managed early. That is why I talked about the treatment plan.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can acoustic neuroma cause auditory hallucinations ?
- What causes severe headache after acoustic neuroma removal
- What kind of hallucinations with acoustic neuroma
- Acoustic neuroma cause sciatic pain
- Acoustic neuroma causes
- What causes an acoustic neuroma
- Can diabetic polyneuropathy cause acoustic neuroma
- What foods fight acoustic neuroma
- What causes headaches after acoustic neuroma removal
- Benign acoustic neuroma causes
- What causes shots available to treat knee pain post injury?
- Suggest treatment for withdrawal symptoms of Hydrocodone
- Suggest remedy for anger when recovering from sepsis
- Suggest remedy to maintain hair growth and nail growth
- Suggest treatment for headache, stomach pain and black floating stool
- Suggest treatment for chronic cough and allergy
- Suggest treatment for chest congestion
- What causes pain in the right side arm after removal of cancerous lung?
- Suggest treatment for strep, pseudomonas aeruginosa and growth of anaerobes
- Suggest treatment for rashes on face