What causes acid peptic disease?
Details about acid peptic disease
Thanks for posting your query on hcm.
Acid peptic disease is a condition where there is excessive secrection of gastric acid secretions and counteracting mechanisms like mucus production are not effective enough. This excessive acid secretion irritates the mucus lining and causes discomfort and pain.
Chronic acid peptic disease is linked to ulcers as well. Treatment includes determining and removing the causative factors, medical line of treatment usually includes proton pump inhibitors and diet and lifestyle modification.
If you have any further doubts/ queries, you may get back to me.
Enclosed symptoms and treatment
The symptoms include epigastric burning sensation, abdomen pain, belching, coughing and regurgitaion of food/ sour water.
You may start with lifestyle modification. Avoid tea and coffee, especially empty stomach. Drink plenty of water. Avoid overeating, rather divide your meals into 5-6 small portions throughout the day. Elevate the head end of your bed by 15-30 degrees or use a high raise pillow.
Also, you may start with proton pump inhibitors like pantoprazole to be taken twice in the morning and night before food for 10 days.
If you still don't find relief, you may go for an upper GI endoscopy to rule out any ulcer.
Hope this helps you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of acid peptic disease
- Acid peptic disease homemade
- Acid peptic disease treatment
- What does acid peptic disease and hypertriglyceridemia mean
- Acid peptic disease harpies
- Gastritis/acid peptic disease causes
- Acid peptic disease diet
- Symptoms of acid peptic disease
- Acid peptic disease causes
- Food to eat with an acid peptic disease
- What are the risks of contracting rabies through dog blood?
- What is the ideal time gap between doses of Secnil Forte?
- What causes discomfort in scrotum and pelvic area?
- Is HIV transmission possible after accidental piercing of foot by an...
- What causes sharp pain in stomach area the day after drinking?
- What does my semen analysis test report indicate?
- What causes reddish blister on scrotum?
- How are Mifepristone and Misoprostol administered?
- Suggest treatment for bloating, constipation and fatty liver
- What causes muscle stiffening and inflammation