What causes aching shaky hands and legs, and panic attacks in a person treated for anxiety?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Wed, 1 Aug 2018 in Mental Health
Question: Hello Dr. Rynne
Married white female with aching shaky hands and legs. Crying unexpectedly and panick attacks
Current meds ambien and Xanax

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Drug regimen might need to be modified

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic. Dr. Rynne might not be available at the moment to answer your queries and therefore I am taking it up. Let me assure you that I have the requisite training and experience to answer your query.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. The mentioned presentations could be due to anxiety neurosis. Although you are receiving anxiolytics like Xanax, the condition seems to be inadequately managed. I would insist you to visit your doctor and to get the condition reviewed. Dose adjustment or drug regimen modification likely to be required.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng