What causes absence of periods after Nexplanon implant removal?
Thanks for asking this question.
The fact is that nexplanon is such a drug that it is designed to deliver steady levels of itself into the bloodstream for 36 months or 3 years. Different women react differently to this implant, and I would say it's pretty normal for the drug levels to come down steadily in the bloodstream. They will for sure and you'll be back to normal soon. This is true.
To tell you the truth, many women face side effects after removal of the implant. And you do not have any, so the treatment has "gone down well with you", meaning that the levels of the drug are steadily lowering themselves in your blood stream, the exact way they should, without creating problems.
Dr. Neel kudchadkar
You can see the doc if you wish, however...
To be fair with you, I'm was surprised when no side effects were mentioned on your end. Now that you mention them, It makes more sense. Arguably all bleeding does not constitute a period. Kindly ask the doctor if the implant was successfully removed. Residual levels of the medication could be there in your blood stream. This happens in general with medicines that are given as intramuscular injections or implants. The best choice of all is to wait and watch. There is no further danger.
You're safe so far as other serious side effects are concerned.
Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Watchful waiting for your period is the best solution.
1. The cramps are in the abdomen (stomach region). These can arise for many reasons. The best of all is to take Dicyclomine tablets for these cramps. This
medication is very useful for women.
2. It will take some time for your body to adjust and get a period. It could be anytime now.
3. There are obviously no other side effects than the ones you have mentioned.
Not all side effects occur in everyone. This is a fact. Every person is unique. if
certain side effects have not occurred in you, then they will not ever occur.
Be sure about this. So you can feel secure when it comes to side effects.
Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes delayed periods after iud removal
- Gush of blood after periods what can cause this
- Cramping and light spotting after period what is the cause
- What causes stomach cramps with spotting in absence of periods
- What causes absence of periods after a medical abortion
- Started bleeding after periods what could be causing this
- What causes delayed periods after copper t iud removal
- What causes lack of periods after tubectomy
- What causes spotting after period
- What causes pain and dark brown periods after nexplanon implant
- Can HIV be contracted through unsterilized syringe usage and contact...
- What causes headache and acidity?
- Is HPV contracted through oral sex?
- What causes pain in the hair roots?
- What causes nausea while lying down flat?
- What causes swelling near temple with extreme pain?
- What causes burning sensation on face,legs,arms and mild nausea?
- Suggest treatment for aphasia
- Suggest treatment for scorpion bite and associated allergies
- How many grams of fat per meal can a person normally digest?