What causes abnormal vaginal discharge after taking Depo Medrol injection?

Dr. Sameer Kumar

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: I've had a steroid injection (Depo Medrol) 36 hours later I've fallen off the steps and started having vaginal discharge. I'm almost 50y.o and my cycle ended in 2012. What is it?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
possible cervical erosions-pap smear recommended.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query,
As you are a post menopausal lady since last 4 years now, the pinkish white discharge could only occur from cervical erosions or due to cervicitis. There may be a cervical lesion persistent which can get active due to anti-inflammatory steroid injection. You should get a per speculum examination done and a pap smear test for culture and histology to establish or rule out erosions and also to establish the grade if any and then accordingly treatment can be planned.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy