What causes abnormal spots on the penis?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Dear doctor, I recently observed some strange granules on my penis. They definitely look abnormal to me and I am very worried about what they might be. I am married and never have sex with anyone else except my wife. I am very concerned because we plan to have a baby. Please help me take a look!

Best,
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fordyce spots

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thsnk you for writing to us

I am dr.kakkar(dermatologist). I have gone through your query and i have reviewed the image.

They seem like fordyce sppts to me which are nothing but ectopic sebaceous glands. Fordyce spots are quite common on the undersurface of prepuce and there is no need for any worry or treatment.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 26 minutes later
Thank you dr. Kakkar. But i never see these before . Especially on the foreskin of the penis. I did some search on the internet, seems like it could be balanoposthits. Should i go do some medical tests? Would you need more pics to diagnose
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of fordyce spots

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

No, this is not balanoposthitis. Fordyce spots can appear more prominent at some times when they would usually come to people attention.
Yes, you can upload few more pics. I will review them too.
There is no need for any tests.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 2 hours later
Here are more photos. The last two is a granule between testis and asshole. This one does hurt, is it related?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possiblity of lichen nitidus on glans

Detailed Answer:
Hi. Thank you.
I have reviewed the Images.

I can see a few shiny, raised lesions on glans and prepuce. These lesions on penis glans and prepuce could also possibly be due to lichen nitidus which presents as monomorphic, asymptomatic, shiny papules on genitalia i.e glans and prepuce. Again this is not an infection Or transmissable condition.
You may use a moderately potent topical steroid cream e.g either triamcinolone acetonide % or mometasone furoate % cream, once daily and they should be ok in about a 2 weeks.
The skin lesion on perineum is definitely a bacterial skin infection. It is single lesion, red, and inflammed. You may use a topical antibacterial ointmemt e.g Neosporin ointment Or Mupirocin Ointment, twice daily for a week