What causes abnormal fibroid breast nodules?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Women's Health
Question: I have been diagnosed with abnormal fibroid breast nodules as well as 4 patterned micro clusters of calcifications. I had a needle biopsy with a smaller needle and they were somewhat concerned with the sample and the breast compression. I am seeing a breast surgeon at moffitt cancer center on Wed and wondered what to expect. I am concerned that the nodules were deemed abnormal but the radiologist said that was because of my age. Your thoughts?
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be age related.

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and in my opinion it is most likely due to age.
But as you are not having any other symptoms like nipple discharge,pain,dimpling etc.than it is most likely due to benign changes.
Hopefully found useful, feel free to discuss more information.
Good luck.