What causes abdominal pain?

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Hi ,

Please see the attached question and answer i received a few days ago. Since them i went to see my PC doctor and she did a urine test and said that all looks normal and after examination she wasnt worried about my abdominal pain . Now , i still have that pain constantly . Its not severe but the disconfort and feeling of bloatiness is still there. Are they missing something ? . I worry that doesnt go away. What else could it be? My kidney still ?

Thanks,
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Samir Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Does not seem to be due to kidneys

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
I have seen your previous answer. Your symptoms do not seem to be because of kidney stones. You need not worry about them unless you have severe pain or recurring urine infections. Your bloat and discomfort could be because of acidity( dyspepsia) .I would suggest a proton pump inhibitor which would help with your symptoms.contact your PC doctor to get a prescription.
Hope this helps
Dr Samir
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Samir Patil 1 hour later
Thank you. I just took gas x to see if it helps. I actually feel a little better. Maybe is gas ??
Answered by Dr. Samir Patil 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes seems so. continue gasx

Detailed Answer:
Hello again, yes it is likely to be dyspepsia(gas formation and acidity). You can take Gas x which contains simethicone on an as required basis. If symptoms persist you can ask your doctor for a prescription of PPi like omeprazole.

Dr SamirPatil

Follow up: Dr. Samir Patil 14 hours later
This norming my pain was more towards my back on the right side. My urologist said that the ultrasound after the lithotripcy showed more stones still in my right kidney. But said that were small enough to pass them on my own and we will check in 6 months. Now, if i stand straight and move my torso to the right i feel a very sharp pain in my lower back. When i do it to the left there is no pain. No other symptoms. My lithotripcy was on july 1. How long until i feel 100% normal again ?
Answered by Dr. Samir Patil 30 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wait 6 months. Anti spasmodics if fain severe

Detailed Answer:
Hello, sorry for the delay
Your urologist is right. You should follow his advise. If the pain is interfering in your day to day activities you could ask for an antispasmodic to be used on an as required basis.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Samir Patil 30 minutes later
I also take xanax twice a day for anxiety , do you think this is contributing to my symptoms?
Answered by Dr. Samir Patil 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Xanax is not causing the symptoms

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
In my opinion xanax is not causing your symptoms. You should continue xanax,
Follow up: Dr. Samir Patil 2 days later
Also my blood preasure the last month have been around 135 over 94 average . I started taking it almost every other day . Only one day was like 129 over 85. I'm getting a little obssesed about it. Other than my kidne stones deal and the axiety , i dont have any other symptoms . At what point is this a probelem ?
Brief Answer:
Diastolic BP >90 if persistent will need treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hello , Persistent blood pressure above 140/90 will need treatment.Cut down on salt intake and exercise regularly. I would recheck your BP after a 2 weeks and if it is more than 140/ 90 or diastolic over 90 the you will need medications to control your blood pressure. hope this helps
Dr. Samir Patil

Gastroenterologist