What causes abdominal pain?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Hi I'm a c5-6 tetraplegic about a week ago i was looking down at phone on my lap then all of a sudden my neck felt weird and my body went into a warm flush sensation . It's been aweek now and my neck still feels weird I try stretching it but it sometimes feels like its worsenining it . My c5 is fused to. Now I'm getting real bad abdominal pain like I'm filled with air has been like this the last week or so it's realy painful feels like I'm going to burst
Posted Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Details below.

Detailed Answer:
The gas in the abdomen is usually seen when you are bed ridden due to the problems in digestion. Eat papaya.(contains an enzyme called papain). Apple cider vinegar, eating an ounce of almonds, etc will also help.
For treatment of gas and indigestion- Pineapple juice, lemon juice, ginger juice, grapes, etc may be taken after every meal for relief.Otherwise take antacids and digestive enzymes on regular basis for relief.
Use of OTC medications mentioned below can be used to have some relief.
1. Activated charcoal (Charcocaps) , will absorb the excess gas produced.
2. Antacids, such as Di-Gel, Maalox Anti-Gas, and Mylanta Gas, allow gas to be belched away more easily.
3. Food enzymes, such as Beano, which help break down the sugars found in vegetables and grains, can be added to foods that cause you to have gas.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal