What causes abdominal pain?
Thanks for posting your query.
The gas in the abdomen is usually seen when you are bed ridden due to the problems in digestion. Eat papaya.(contains an enzyme called papain). Apple cider vinegar, eating an ounce of almonds, etc will also help.
For treatment of gas and indigestion- Pineapple juice, lemon juice, ginger juice, grapes, etc may be taken after every meal for relief.Otherwise take antacids and digestive enzymes on regular basis for relief.
Use of OTC medications mentioned below can be used to have some relief.
1. Activated charcoal (Charcocaps) , will absorb the excess gas produced.
2. Antacids, such as Di-Gel, Maalox Anti-Gas, and Mylanta Gas, allow gas to be belched away more easily.
3. Food enzymes, such as Beano, which help break down the sugars found in vegetables and grains, can be added to foods that cause you to have gas.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes backache with abdominal pain
- What causes lower abdominal pain
- What can cause abdominal pains
- What causes abdominal pain with diarrhea
- What causes abdominal pain and sickness
- What causes abdominal pain and constipation
- What is causing abdominal pain and ibs
- What is the cause and treatment for abdominal pain
- What causes severe abdominal pain
- What causes diarrheavomiting with abdominal pain