What causes abdominal pain with frequent urination?

Dr. Lohit K

Posted on Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I TAKE CITRUCEL TO FIRM UP MY BOWL MOVEMENTS. IT REQUIRES THAT I DRINK 8 OUNCE OF WATER WITH 2 TABLETS. I AM HAVING PAIN AT NIGHT AND NEED TO URINATE AT LEAST 2 TIMES DURING THE NIGHT. MY PAIN IS IN THE CENTER OF MY LOWER ABDOMIN. DOES THIS SOUND LIKE A URINARY INFECTION?
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
needs investigation.NSAID.plenty of fluids. antisp

Detailed Answer:

I went through the query and understood your concern.

The pain in the centre of lower abdomen with increases frequency may be due to urinary tract infection. But this will also be associated with fever, chills and burning micturation.
Even in diabetic patients there will be increased frequency and when bladder is full you will feel pain in the centre of lower abdomen.

So for diagnosis you need urine routine and blood sugar levels. For now take plenty of oral fluids. For pain NSAID like aceclofenac or Ibuprofen will help you, if spasmodic type of pain then antispasmodic drug like dicyclomine may be used.
So in summary you need investigations for confirming the diagnosis and for further management. .

I hope this information helps you and answered your concern. Feel free to ask for any further queries. I will be glad to answer them.

Wish you faster recovery and good health.