question-icon

What Causes Abdominal Pain While On Lansoprazole?

Posted on Thu, 16 Nov 2017
Question: I f
orgot to take yesterdays lansoprazole capsule yesterday. I had a large me last night with white wine and woke with severe stomach pain and spat some blood. I took the missed tablet but still painful. what should I do? Drink milk?
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh (51 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Endoscopy is needed.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing your query.
After reading your post, I would suggest that you should get yourself clinically examined and investigated by a Gastroenterologist. An Endoscopy will help to rule out any bleeding ulcer.
You should continue with Lansprazole. Also add liquid sucralfate after meals.
Avoid spicy and oily foods. You can take cold milk/ice cream if that suits you.
I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.
Regards. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. R.A. Singh

Emergency Medicine Specialist