Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes abdominal pain when suffering from an enlarged prostate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 421 Questions
Dear Sir, I am getting stomuch occationally pain on right side of obdomin for the past 2-3 years. Recently I had gone for Ultra sound scanning. The report says that " Prostate enlarged in size,measuring 36x39x37 mm with an estimated prostatic volume of 27.9ml as seen on per obdominal examination.The prostate capsule appears intact.No focal lesion seen" ---Remining things are given as normal. What is the effect of this.. ? How it can be cured ? What precautions I need to take.? Pls advise me ..
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Refer below Detailed Answer: Though you have Prostate, enlarged in size, in most cases, an enlarged prostate does not cause any damage or complications. However, treatment is needed or not, depends how bothersome the symptoms are. Usually, symptoms of enlarged prostate include weak urine stream, Hesitancy starting urine stream, Incomplete voiding sensation, Urinary Retention. But, you have not mentioned any of these symptoms but told about right sided abdominal pain for the past 2-3 years. I suspect that there might be something else wrong like a problem of ulcer etc. I also suggest to undergo an endoscopy and also a consultation with Gastroenterologist. Moreover, you need a followup visit with Urologist, to perform physical exam, digital rectal exam and depending on findings further management plan. Stay healthy and thank you for consulting! You can contact me again anytime, if you need clarifications or further assistance in future. Kindly rate the answer if you are satisfied.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor