What causes abdominal pain post intercourse in a person with ovarian cyst?
One of my friends has suddenly experienced an acute pain on the right side of her ovary. The pain was so acute that she had almost fallen from the chair. I was told that she was recently detected with an ovarian cyst and her ovary too is tilted backwards. Upon inquiry with her XXXXXXX gynaecologist, she was told that it was okay to have intercourse even with her cyst. However, she had unprotected intercourse four times in ten days and each time, she had consumed emergency contraceptives (iPill) to thwart any chances of being pregnant. What could be the reason for such acute and sudden pain?
No chance of pregnancy
I understand your concerns about pain.
This pain is unlikely to be due to anything major. Enlarged cyst would have caused pulling of nerves.
This sudden pulling of nerves causes pain as you described.
There is nothing to worry as this will resolve with dissolving cyst.
There is no chance of pregnancy.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes ovarian cysts
- Abdominal pain rotten egg farts ovarian cyst
- Right side abdominal pain meaning ovarian cyst or ectopic pregnancy
- Abdominal pain and ovarian cysts
- Gas ovarian cyst back pain abdominal pain upset stomach
- Left side ovarian cyst with abdominal pain on right side
- Frequent urination abdominal pain irregular periods have ovarian cyst suggestions
- Surgery for ovarian cyst and fallopian cyst abdominal pain infection
- Abdominal pain ultrasound shows ovarian cyst treatment
- Abdominal pain severe bloating constipation weight loss ovarian cysts cure