• question-icon

What causes abdominal pain during early pregnancy?

Posted on Fri, 30 Jun 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi myself XXXXXXX
I am 14week pregnant. Due to stomach pain my doctor prescribed drotin DS. But after having 1 pill pain continue at night. Is there any problem don't understand. Please guide
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be a uterine or intestinal pain.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.

The pain in the abdomen can be due to intestinal contractions or uterine contractions. It takes at least 2-3 doses of the medicine to start showing an effect. Do continue with the medicine and consult your doctor for stronger medicines and ultrasound scan in case the pain is persistent.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow-up queries that you have.

Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN