• question-icon

What causes abdominal pain, diarrhea and migraine?

Posted on Wed, 12 Jul 2017 in Infections
Question: Do parasites in your blood live off of your body? Or do they need a host. I'm concerned I think I have a parasite and have had it for years. I have little bites on my face (looks like bad acne) on my upper back both arms neck chest thighs calves and shins. These symptoms along with extreme gas diarrhea and abdominal cramping, and migraine ( which just came on in the last week) I have always had "a" few mosquito bites or scratches because of eczema. But this break out is the worst I've ever had. I live with and am taking care of my 85 year old mother who was recently hospitalized for C- Diff. My 27 year old son has been living with us temporarly. I am concerned my mother and son could get this. How do I prevent that and how do I get rid of this?
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
C. Difficile infection and scabies

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ms, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns . The extreme gas diarrhea and abdominal cramping suggests that you have caugh the C.difficile infection. This should be treated with metronidazole (flagyl) three times daily and vancomycin 1gm every 12 hours.
As for the bites on your skin, this suggests a scabies parasitic infection and that could be contagious . this needs to be treated ivermectin tablets for 4 weeks , but you should not expect the symptoms to improve until the second week of treatment . so , in the meanwhile continue on the Benadryl cream and add a steroid ointement three times daily to reduce inflammation and swelling . you can also take an antihistaminic tablet as citrizine once daily before going to bed. I hope I answered your question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman