What causes abdominal pain and pressure in a type 1 diabetic patient?
I would need some info
Welcome to Health Care Magic.
I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad, I have read your question in detail, I understand your concern and will try to help you in the best possible way.
In order to help you better , I would like you to give me some more information,
I will here by ask you some relevant questions to fill up the information gap.
1) At what location in abdomen do you feel pain?
2) Is it cramping or piercing?
3) Do you geel gas bloating?
4) Any problems in digestion lately?
5) XXXXXXX history of constipation
Waiting for your input
M.B.B.S ( Licensed Family practitioner)
pressure moderate dull pain
often experience loose stools
constipation only experienced when on certain meds - no history of it
pain radiates to under shoulder blade and is intense enough to cause me to lie down
Thanks for writing back,
You pain is quite typical of the pain of a peptic ulcer.
Specially duodenal ulcer to be specific.
If you search on internet images "Referred pains" you will see that shoulder blades specially the right one gets referred pain from duodenal ulcer.
The pain usually is piercing and stabbing plus it occurs mostly after meals.
There are certain measures you can take which will help you control your symptoms.
1) Avoid bitter sour food.
2) Avoid fizzy, sour, decaffeinated drinks, , don't take tea or coffee at all.
3) Avoid smoking and alcohol if you use them.
4) Increase fibre content in your food strictly avoid junk, use whole wheat products , you can even use fibre supplements (organic ones)
5) Eat red and white meat less for some days.
6) Reduce weight if you have more weight than you should.
Then we come to meds,
1) You can use antacids over the counter for quick relieve like syrup Gaviscon.
2) I would prescribe my patient with Omeprazole or any other PPI they really help.
3) Then my patients responded really well to prokinetics like motillium.
4) I would also ask my patients to take zantac in night if they took omerpazole in morning to add the effect.
I Hope this answers your question, if your have more queries feel free to ask, otherwise close the discussion and rate it. Wish you the best of health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes lower abdominal pain
- What can cause abdominal pains
- What causes abdominal pain with diarrhea
- What causes abdominal pain and sickness
- What causes abdominal pain and constipation
- Can diabetes cause abdominal pain
- What is causing abdominal pain and ibs
- What is the cause and treatment for abdominal pain
- What causes severe abdominal pain
- What causes diarrheavomiting with abdominal pain