• question-icon

What causes abdominal pain and missed period post delivery?

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hello sir,
i have a baby boy now 9 months old, my wife get c-sect for delivery, after the delivery my wife get extremely pain in abdominal for continuous 5 days the doctor said its ok due to c-sect. And the pain is gone after 5 days and my wife get discharge from hospital. After the 8 months of birth my wife's menstrual cycle not occur. And the pain is return, now she complain about pain in abdominal again without menstruation. We have intercourse in 27-feb-2016 night without protection for the first time after my baby birth. She get bleed during the intercourse for 2 days. Now she complain about pain in abdominal. And also she like to eat more sour food for now 3-4 days. I didn't test for pregnancy by now.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ultrasound advised

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir, thanks for trusting health care magic.
In my opinion first do a urine pregnancy test and see the results.
It is common to not to have periods for 6-9 months after delivery so that is not a matter of concern.
But her pain abdomen is a little bothersome thing so get an ultrasound done to see if there is problem with the uterus of ovaries.
You can discuss the report with me anytime on health care magic.
Dr Manisha Jain
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 1 hour later
Thanks sir for the valuable suggestion, but i have one question that why my wife get bleeding during the intercourse. We sex for the first time after delivery last month and she get bleeding for two days.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
If can be her period

Detailed Answer:
If can be her expected periods which have coincidentally arrived the day you had sex for the first time but not conclusively.
An ultrasound is a must in case pregnancy test is negative
Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN