question-icon

What causes abdominal pain and lack of bleeding while on Mirena?

Posted on Tue, 12 May 2015
Question: I'm currently on Mirena & have been for the past 3 years. Haven't had a menstrual period in the same time frame as well as no bleeding from my abortion when I had the Mirena put in. Occasionally I will have lower abdominal pain or a sharp throb by my pelvic area. Is any of this normal?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain (15 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
meftal spas advised

Detailed Answer:
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
It is common to have such cramps in patients with mirena or Copper-T inside uterus.
There is usually nothing to worry and in case required you can take meftal spas to deal with the pain but in case it gets worse or stays for whole day long then you should get an ultrasound examination for evaluation.
In case you have any questions about it, please feel free to ask.
Dr Manisha
Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN