What causes abdominal pain and hyper acidity after colonoscopy and endoscopy?

Posted on Sat, 3 Jan 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi, I am 71years old and I had H-Pylori infection in 2007 when Colonoscopy and endoscopy was done. After the 2 week treatment of antibiotics, I found that every time I took chillies I got abdominal pain and I even got hyper acidity. So I had Togo back to antibiotics for 5days. Then the doctor diagnosed that I had IBS. I was put on Lasoride which totally cured me of acidity but the chilly intolerance has continued. About a month ago I got a problem that I had to go suddenly to toilet and also had loose stools. Then after two weeks I took by mistake chilly and had an ache in abdomen. Even a course of antibiotics didn't help. In between sometimes I had taken Normaxin which mostly helped in controlling pain in two or three doses of once a day. I still have the problem of sudden stools although frequency is as before and sometimes a little pain? can I take Normaxin for a longer period without stopping Lasoride? Because whenever I tried to reduce Lasoride I got pain after 3 or4 days.
Answered by Dr. Samir Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Normaxin with lesuride will help

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through the description you have provided.
It seems that you have IBs as you have mentioned.
You seem to have visceral hypersensitivity ( which sans sensitive inner lining of your intestines). This is responsible for your symptoms
I would advise to continue lesuride.
Normaxin can be taken along with lesuride and it would help you with your symptoms.
These medications can be taken together and won't cause any problems.
I usually advise my patients to take normaxin twice a day for 4 to 8 weeks.
The normaxin will help with the pain and the urge to pass stools.please consult your doctor for a prescription.
I would also suggest some changes in your diet.
Increase the fibre in your diet by including more of green leafy vegetables and fruits. Include curds or yogurt in your diet. Avoid red meat, alcohol and tobacco. Regular exercise will also help.
Avoid chillies and spicy food.
Hope this helps
Dr Samir Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Samir Patil

Gastroenterologist