What causes abdominal pain and fever while being on antibiotics for typhoid fever?
Resistant or recurrent infection
Welcome to HCM.
I am Dr Rakesh Sharma answering your query.
I can understand your concern.
Recurrent typhoid inection is due to,
2.Incompleate course of treatment.
If all the above points are taken care of then chances of recurrence is very very low.
The main site of infection is intestine that is why you are getting pains in abdomen.
Salmonela the baceria causing typhoid becomes resistant to antibiotics and then it does not kill them.
Please consult your doctor for culture and sensitivity, of the bacteria, and take full couse accordingly.
This is an infection which travels orally to the intestine.So please take good care of the water source and food source as they be carrying bacteria.
Hpoe you have answer to your query.
Please also feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Uncomplicated typhoid fever causes
- Chronic typhoid fever causes
- Typhoid fever causes
- Recurrent typhoid fever causes
- What causes typhoid fever
- Cause of consistent abdominal pain after typhoid fever
- Are abdominal pain symptoms of typhoid fever?
- Typhoid fever back pain
- Causes of typhoid fever in children
- Acute typhoid fever causes