• question-icon

What causes abdominal pain and discomfort while on Bisacodyl?

Posted on Wed, 12 Jul 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: contipated in upper bowel took bisacodyl 5mg 2da very little movement took meralax yesterday this going on 2 weeks i have gas burbing bloating discomfort a little soar to the touch in stomach arce no pain lots of food going in not enoungh out i am diabetic an maybe parkensens
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Impacted stool go for manual evacuation.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.
Have gone through your details and i appreciate your concerns.

As per your query answer is-
As miralax is not helping most likely you are having stool impaction.A fecal impaction is a solid, immobile bulk of human feces that can develop in the rectum as a result of chronic constipation.The primary cause of fecal impaction of the colon is chronic constipation. .
Treatment required-
Manual Disimpaction- You have to visit the nearest hospital.Doctor would do digital rectal palpation.If hardened stool is palpable in the rectum, it may require manual fragmentation or disimpaction. A lubricated, gloved index finger is inserted into the rectum and the hardened stool is gently broken up using a scissoring motion.
As the impacted stool would be removed gases will find their way out through anus and bloating belching etc will settle down on their own.

In case you need suggestions for further management of constipation please feel free to follow up.

Thanks!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist