What causes abdominal pain and bloating?

Nephrologist
Question
I've had an abdominal soreness for almost three days now. I feel bloated & stuffed even when I don't eat, but most of all it feels sore when ever I move or roll over while I'm lying down. It also hurts slightly to press by belly, especially to my lower left. I don't feel nauseous. My bowel movements have been pretty normal (twice a day) but sometimes I feel like I have to eliminate but can't. No diarhea. No specifically hard stools either. One description is that it feels like I sprained my stomach. Any ideas?
Posted Sun, 10 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Acute Gastro enteritis

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

It looks like you are suffering from acute gastro enteritis ( dyspepsia + colitis). Your gastroenteritis symptoms seem to be benign and should resolves over a period of time. Here are my recommendations to you that will fasten the recovery.

1. Tab Pantoprazole with ondansetron to be taken twice daily before food. Both these are prescription only drugs which your local doctor will know.
2. Probiotics like Sporolac to be taken three times daily
3. If you feel constipated syp duphalac will help
4. Avoid greasy food, milk and milk products
5. Drink plenty of water ( 8 glasses per day)
6. Approach a gastro enterologist if symptoms don't improve.

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me

I wish you good health and a speedy recovery