What causes abdominal pain along with pain in the breasts?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: is my stool being discolored normal with upper belly pain under my left breast
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Keep a watch on color of stools.

Detailed Answer:
Hello there,
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query .
Have gone through your details and i appreciate your concerns.
Epigastric pain along with involvement of rib cage and surrounding areas is sugggestive of either cardiac or gastric origin of pain.
Cardiac pain is very rare at young age so most likely the pain is gastric in origin.Color of stools depends on breakdown of bilirubin pigment.When there is problem with digestion like acid peptic disorder etc then bile sometimes is not properly broken into stercobilinogen(which gives color to stool) hence a change of color of stool is there.
I don’t think you need to panic about that.
Start taking a probiotic for few days.
Take an antacid lalong with it.
Keep a watch on stool color.
Follow up after a week.
Regards!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana