• question-icon

What causes abdominal pain along with acid reflux?

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: I had a mild uti for 3 weeks until I treated it last week. For the past week I've experienced lower abdominal pain and gas. I'm 49 and female.
Answered by Dr. Rudina Balliu 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pain due to gas

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thank you for asking HealthCareMagic.
I have gone through your question.

So you have lower abdominal pain,gas and you had an UTI, treated one week ago.

Abdominal pain is due to gas , if gas can't pass normally in the bowels, you start to have pain .
Gas could be caused by constipation, a high carbohydrates intake(indicestion) , gastritis...

I would ask you some questions so i can have a clear idea of your condition by answering the questions below:

-Do you have any frequent urination, burning , fever , diarrhea ; blood in stools or any other symptoms that you did not mention?
Do you have any disease that you did not mention?

What kind of antibiotic did you use for UTI ?

-Do you have less pain after you pass the gas ?
-Is the pain associated with eating or you have it all the time ?
Drink planty of liquids ( water ), use "hot packs "( put on the area, drink chamomile tea is good.

Take Care !
Dr Balliu.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Rudina Balliu