• question-icon

What causes abdominal pain along with acid reflux?

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I am having extreme off and on "gas-like pain" just below my belt buckle' right in the center about a hand-width below my navel. I'm sure it's my bowel, but in a way it almost makes me think it's urinary... I have felt this for the last two or three days... Today / tonight is worse... What do you think ?
YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most likely problem with urogenital system.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting query on HealthcareMagic.
Have seen your details and i appreciate your concerns.

As per your query answers are-
As pain is below navel its very likely that it can be due to involvement of urogenital tract.
The first possibility is urinary tract infection and the best way to rule out its possibility is to get a urine routine and microscopy test done.
Secondarily a Ultrasonogram abdomen should be done to rule out pathology involving stone in bladder etc.

Second possibility is the pain is due to gas formation.Gas when formed compresses the intestines. They compresses the intestines which causes pain in abdomen.

Howerver going tbrough your narration the first differential is a urinary tract infection.

Please go for a ultrasonogram and urine test and follow up.

As of now take Flavoxalate(antispasmodic) 100 mg thrice daily initially for spasmodic pain along with Proton pump inhibitor like Neksium(In case of gas it would provide immediate relief).

Follow up with reports.
Hope i was helpful.
Follow ups are welcome.

Thanks!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist