What causes abdominal pain after binge drinking?
You should stop drinking further in my advice.
Welcome to health care magic,
I have read your whole query and will be answered by me.
Mild hepatomegaly on ultrasound is not a big problem.
Alcohol drinking might cause irritation of the linings of the stomach which becomes inflamed causing acute abdominal pain known as acute gastritis.
Generally,1 drink per day for women and two drinks per day for men is considered as a safe drinking but in your case if even occasional drinking is causing gastritis then i would advice you to stop drinking further.
You can take antacids like proton pump inhibitors(pantoprazole and rabeprazole) or H2 antagonists(ranitidine) to reduce the production of acid inside stomach and will help to reduce the symptoms of gastritis.
Your low vitamins (Vit B specially) level might be because of this alcohol drinking which could reduce stomach absorption capacity.So,stop drinking further specially if it not suits you.
If you have any query then feel free to ask me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pain in throat binge drinking
- Binge drinking causes
- Leg pain binge drinking
- Is pain normal after binge drinking
- Pain in right side after binge drinking
- Uncomfortable pains after binge drinking
- Binge drinking and back pain
- What causes seizure after binge drinking
- Lower back pain after binge drinking
- Stomach pain with diarrhea after binge drinking