What causes abdominal muscles contraction?
We did have the neurologist who put in the baclofen pump check it and he said it was fine. - Could he have developed an allergy to the baclofen itself? Misc info:
His white count does not go up when he has an infection apparently. Most recently he has become catheter dependent - is unable to urinate without the XXXXXXX Since the catheter he's had multiple uti's - to the point where his catheter became clogged with sediment and had to be changed and flushed twice. His output right now is good. But he's having the contractions. Right now he has a low grade temp of 100.
Probably gastroenteric infection too.
Hi, I had gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Abdominal muscles contraction is a sign of bowel disfunction that causes pain and most probably in this case is a gastroenteric infection going on. ( bacterial, viral or mycotic).
Abdominal discomfort and contraction is a side effect of Baclofen use too, but infection ( in this case most probably mycotic due to prolonged antibiotics use) should be ruled out first with lab tests.
Another thing to evaluate is Calcium blood level that may cause similar symptoms if it's low.
White blood cells low count and low temperature result most probably by blood infection damage ( sepsis) in several organs including bone marrow.
I suggest you to discuss with the treating Doctor above mentioned possibilities,lab tests needed to evaluate a possible gastroenteric infection.
Hope this answers your question. If you have additional questions or follow up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of involuntary muscle contractions
- Abdominal muscle cramps causes
- Neurotransmitter that causes muscle contraction
- Muscle contraction causes
- What could cause contract of arm muscles
- Abdominal muscle spasm causes
- What causes uterine contractions
- What causes involantary calf muscle contractions
- Muscle contraction headaches causes
- What could be the cause for severe abdominal muscle spasms
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?