What causes abdominal distension?
life style inquiry, abdominal ultrasound (ct scan)
Hi and thanks for the query
Lifestyle changes could explain partly. In case you have become more sedantry, take more alcohol, eat a lot of saturated fat, this could lead to an increased size of the abdomen.
Some conditions like mashed, cysts , abdominal tumours and fluid in the abdomen could also present as such with increased abdominal size. Excessive gas could increase size of abdomen.
A proper inquiry with regards to your lifestyle, clinical examination and an abdominal ultrasound (ct scan if need be) could be most helpful in making a definitive diagnosis.
Thanks and kind regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Left side abdominal distension
- What causes abdominal distension during pregnancy
- Abdominal distension hepatosplenmegaly
- Chronic abdominal distension paediatrics
- Abdominal distension in newborn
- Abdominal distension cause breathing problems
- Chronic abdominal distension causes
- Metformin abdominal distension
- Abdominal distension hepatosplenomegaly
- Neopeptine causing abdominal distension in newborn