What causes abdominal discomfort during pregnancy?

Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: is it normal to have abdominal discomfort at 5 weeks pregnant
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get a transvaginal ultrasound done.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare magic.

I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns.

Occasional mild abdominal discomfort is normal. It should not be recurrent or associated with bleeding. If you are very anxious about it, consult doctor and get a transvaginal ultrasound done. You will see the pregnancy sac in the uterus. This will relax your mind.

Best wishes,
Dr XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Ramadevi Wani 11 minutes later
i think i just panic. its my first pregnancy no idea what to expect and thrilled but scared
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details below.

Detailed Answer:

If this is your first pregnancy, it is possible that you are anxious and hence worrying about it.
Relax.
Take a tablet of folic acid daily.
Get an ultrasound done after a week.

Best wishes,
Dr Rama