What causes abdominal discomfort and bloating after a laser lithotripcy?
I had a laser lithotripcy performed last thursday to treat a kidney stone in the ureter and they left a stent inside . I have been experiencing a lot abdonimal disconfort with the feeling of being bloated . Today was pretty bad . My urine is getting more clear every day , no fever or any other symptoms. Could this be reelated to having the stent ? But i had the same symptom before the procedure so i'm confused. Also, they did a CT scan to diagnose the stone , would they have detected if something else was wrong at that time ? Thank you for your time.
Its is just part of procedure.
All your symptoms are more of related to procedure and medications used recently.
Stone like symptoms might persist till stent is in place.Stent itself is not hollow to drain urine, it just keeps ureter patent so that urine can flow along its side.So some obstruction is there with stent.Also after lithotripsy stones get crashed and pieces slowly wash off along the stent , this also cause intermittent blocking causing you symptoms.
And yes, if there would have been anything else , they would have surely seen it on CT.
So give it sometime.Also keep your doctor updated about your symptoms.
For bloating mild oral laxatives can be tried if absolutely necessary.
Hope this helps.Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes abdominal pain with bloating and nausea
- What causes abdominal pain with bloating and constipation
- What causes abdominal painvomiting and bloating after a chemotherapy
- What causes bloating after meals
- What would cause abdominal pain bloating hardness
- What causes bloating after urinating
- What causes severe bloating with abdominal pain
- What causes abdominal bloating after a hysterectomy
- What causes abdominal bloating with weight gain
- Cause of bloating cramps lower abdominal discomfort after taking norlevo