What causes abdominal cramps while on Lyrica and Indometacin?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: i currently taking Lyrica and Indomethocin. i am having period like cramps with dirreah. when i stand up i feel weak and dizzy and nausia. i don't feel well. is this normal. my legs are ICE COLD from my knees down to the tips of my toes. please let me know if i need to go to er or not..... Also my tongue is tingling
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that your symptoms could be related to indomethacine adverse effects.

From the other hand a gastr-enteritis can not be excluded either.

Dizziness and ice cold legs are related to low blood pressure, caused by diarrhea and dehydration.

I would recommend stopping indomethacine and take plenty of fluids to remain well hydrated. Oral hydration salts are needed too.

If diarrhea persists, despite stopping indomethacine, I would recommend going to the ER for a physical exam and some tests:

- a chest X ray study
- an abdominal ultrasound
- complete blood count
- blood electrolytes
- kidney and liver function tests
- amylase and lipase levels.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri