question-icon

What causes abdominal cramps and vaginal bleeding post pelvic internal examination?

Posted on Tue, 1 Dec 2015
Question: 16 hrs ago i had a pelvic internal drs exam. i have 2 hemorrhagc cysts and one small dermoid. i am still bleeding and pain and crampijg is getting worse. i have vomited 2 times. is this normal?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Can cause mild cramping and bleeding.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
After an internal examination there can be a mild bleeding and cramping but these are usually not so severe so as to cause vomiting. You can wait and take an over the counter anti spasmodic and see if it helps.
In case the severe cramping is persistent then do consult your gynecologist for stronger prescription medicines.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN