What causes abdominal cramping on the 11th day of menstrual cycle?
ovulation pain, called mittelschmertz
Thanks for the query to hcm,
The mid cycle soreness of breast and often uterine cramping is usually associated with ovulation especially during ovulation time. This pain is also known as MITTELSCHMERTZ and can be accompanied with mild spotting per vaginum for 2-3 days. You may use hot fomentation for 15 min each twice a day to relieve with soreness of breast and lower abdominal pain or NSAIDS can be opted for. This is often a normal phenomenon in most women. So you need not worry.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes vomiting during the menstrual cycle
- What causes irregular menstrual cycles
- What causes headaches during menstrual cycle
- What is the cause of breathlessness during menstrual cycles
- What causes fast heartbeat during menstrual cycle
- What causes abnormal menstrual cycles
- What causes menstrual cycle changes
- What causes spotting after the menstrual cycle
- What causes orange blood in menstrual cycle
- What causes menstrual cycle headaches
- Is pregnancy possible without ovulation?
- Is pregnancy possible due to sex on 8th day from menstruation?
- At what age does a girl start to ovulate ?
- Is chemical hair straightening safe for a breast feeding woman?
- Can i have abdominal hysterectomy despite having IBS?
- What causes discomfort and pain in pelvic region?
- How to determine the expected date of delivery using last menstrual period?
- What does my ultrasound report suggest?
- Suggest treatment of pelvic inflammatory disease
- Suggest treatment for Rubella infection