What causes abdominal bloating with pale stool?
Investigations and treatment accordingly
Thanks for your query.
Read the history carefully which you have put nicely.
How is the condition of the other 2 friends? Are the y normal or suffering from similar complaints?
The most worrisome part is light pale stools, gray almost.
I would advise you to undergo the following tests:
Blood: complete blood picture, urea, creatinine, ''liver function tests'' ( alkaline phosphatase is very important as you have gray stools), sugar and electrolytes.
Urine: routine , microscopy, bile salt and pigments
Stool: routine, microscopy, culture and sensitivity, stercobilin ( absence indicates obstructive jaundice)
Ultrasonography- to see whether you are having stone in the gall bladder or bile ducts.
You have to take antibiotics and probiotics as per your Doctor's advise ( need a prescription). Tums - you may continue, take curds, banana, activated charcoal tablets.
Further management will be as per the reports.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abdominal bloating causes
- Abdominal bloating caused by growth hormone
- Can uterine polyp cause abdominal bloating
- Believing post-nasal drip causing abdominal bloating what to do
- Does simvastatin cause abdominal bloating
- Stomach and abdominal bloating causes
- What causes abdominal bloating after a hysterectomy
- Can fibroids cause abdominal bloating
- What causes abdominal bloating with weight gain
- Abdominal bloat and pale stool